Friday, August 31, 2012

Will of Jane Patterson 1842


WILL OF JANE PATTERSON
Page 398 Dated: February 28, 1842
In the Name of God, Amen.
Jane Patterson of the County of Hawkins and State of Tennessee, being sick and weak in body but of sound and disposing mind and memory, thanks be to God for the same, and calling to mind the certainty of death and the uncertainty of this transitory life, do this day make, publish and declare this as and for to be my last Will and Testament in manner and form following:
Imprimis. I desire that all my just debts and funeral expenses be fully paid and satisfied.
item. I give and bequeath unto my daughter Betty my old sorrel mare, one fallen leaf table, one walnut cupboard, and her equal part of the kitchen furniture, half a dozen of cheers, also an equal part of my hogs.
Item. I give and bequeath unto my son William my young sorrel mare, my smith tools, one bed and clothing, also one equal part of my hogs, an equal part of the kitchen furniture, an equal part of the cupboard furniture. I desire that my son William send my grandson Isaiah James Patterson to school to learn to read and write, and that he give said Isaiah J. Patterson one horse and saddle at the age of 20 years, provided he stays with him until that period.
Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter Martha my Bureau, also my young bay horse two years old, half a dozen of cheers, an equal part of the cupboard and kitchen furniture, an equal part of my hogs.
Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter Susannah Hunter Patterson my young bay horse one year old past, one walnut chest, one black cow and her calf, half a dozen of chairs, an equal part of the cupboard and kitchen. furniture, one coffee kettle, an equal part of the hogs.
Item. I give my grand daughter Martha Patterson one bed and clothing, one flax wheel and a small trunk.
Item. I give and bequeath unto my grandson James Patterson one muley cow.
Item. I do further bequeath unto my daughter Martha one bed and clothing.
Item. I do further give and bequeath unto my daughters Betsy, Martha &
Susannah Slaughter and my son William each one equal share of my table lining.
I do further give and bequeath unto my son William Patterson my entry of 50
acres of land on the waters of Big Creek adjoining the lands of her son
William's.
Item. I do further give and bequeath unto Betsy a pair of drawing chairs, and my wearing apparel to be equally divided between my three daughters heretofore mentioned.
Item. I further give and bequeath unto my four sons, to wit: James, George, Adam and John Patterson one dollar each.
Item. I do further give and bequeath unto my son William my large family bible.
Lastly. I do hereby nominate and appoint Charles Coffin Alexander my Executor of this my last will and testament, revoking and declaring this to be my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal. This 28th day of February, 1847.
Jane x Patterson (seal) (her mark)
Signed sealed and delivered in presence of: Wm. Alexander, Wm. x Smith(his mark) John Patterson.

No comments: